Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Desktop computer, a Dell with windows 10, keeps showing an

Customer Question

Desktop computer, a Dell with windows 10, keeps showing an error box each time I attempt to open a program. No program will start
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your question, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, When did this start? what error do you get when you try to open programs ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It has been going on for a couple of months - simply have not been using this computer.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dhcpcsvc6.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I added a picture of the message
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.
This is a system file for windows systems that is required to run most programs. Run an sfc /scannow from command prompt with administrator privelidges to fix : right click on Start, Command Prompt, and then click Command Prompt (Run as administrator). If you areType the following command, and then press ENTER:sfc /scannow the scan may take a little while but will fix inconsistencies in windows major dll's.let me know the resultsThank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would be interested in your fixing it - but it is not this computer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am in the same room with it
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.
You can follow the same steps on the other computer, is the other computer connected have access to the internet please?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.
Would you like me to set up a remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have to check off now because I have to do something else. I realize we have not finished but I must go
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.
Ok, when you are available please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to helpthank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Has everything worked out please?