Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

I forgot to take my fitbit charge, with heart rate, off when

Customer Question

I forgot to take my fitbit charge, with heart rate, off when I went in the pool with my new granddaughter. Would opening it up to let it dry out help it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: fitbit got wet, it does flash when I plug it into charger. Is there a way to dry it out so it works again?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 9 months ago.
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about this!Is the Fitbit Charge HR still functioning at this point? The device is water resistant, but not waterproof and does not have any self-servicable parts to open up. If it is not working right now, prior to plugging it back in to recharge, I would dry it off completely with a towel or a hair dryer and you can even place it in a container of rice for 24-48 hours (this absorbs moisture), then try to recharge it. If it doesn't charge then there is water damage and you will need to contact Fitbit to see if they will service or replace it. If it is still functioning right now, there likely is not damage to the unit and I would dry it off and use it accordingly,Let me know if this helps, if so when you are ready please rate our interaction to close your request, or reply here for me to further assist you,Thanks!Dan