GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I have One Note with a page that I locked. I recorded the

Customer Question

I have One Note with a page that I locked. I recorded the password ***** I know it is correct. It will not unlock using this password ***** any combination I can think of.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Good morning Linda. Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem. OneNote encrypts files and has no back-doors, so all that's left is to start guessing, I'm afraid. This feature was designed so that even if your laptop gets stolen, crooks still can't get sensitive information like credit card numbers.I can offer a few tips that may help you with getting the password ***** OneNote passwords are case-sensitive and can include numbers and special symbols, so try it with caps, without caps, etc., and if there is the letter O or the number 0 in the password ***** each one as it can be easy to mistake an O for a 0 and vice cersa when we write things down. Remember that your password ***** include punctuation so if you wrote down a period at the end r an exclamation mark or any kind of symbol, type that in too ,There is a small possibility that your password ***** be saved in your we browser. If you'd like, I could remotely connect and check for you. I'll send an offer for remote support just in case you'd like to try that. It is completely optional. I know that this isn't the answer that you were hoping for but it is an honest and accurate answer. If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer, I do not receive credit for my answers and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!Please keep in mind that our services are guaranteed. If you are unhappy with the service, you can contact Customer Service for a refund. Issuing a negative rating will not get your money back. It will only hurt me, when I have tried to help. Than you for your consideration. Have a good day!