Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I use my iPhone 6 to dictate and it works great except sometimes

Customer Question

I use my iPhone 6 to dictate and it works great except sometimes Dragon does not recognize it. I talked to Tech support last week and thought we found the solution by going to my profile, selecting "Manage dictation source" and choosing "Dragon remote microphone application" but that is not working. Then I thought maybe I had to have the Dragon App on my phone up when I started Dragon but that is not working.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I assume that you have already been through the following steps when setting up your iphone 6 for use with dragon. Step 1To run the Dragon Remote Microphone application, your PC or Mac and your iOS or Android devices must be on the same WiFi network.Step 2The Dragon Remote Microphone application supports Bonjour, a network protocol for Windows and OS X that allows your device to automatically find your computer. To determine if Bonjour is already installed on your computer, or to download it, visit 3Simply use your device’s camera to scan a barcode that Dragon provides on-screen when you are setting up the Dragon Remote Microphone application and you'll be dictating wirelessly in no time.If you have been through all 3 of these steps already, please let me know what version of Dragon you are using adn what IOS version is on your phone. If you need help finding this information, please let me know. Thanks!