Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

My name is ***** *****. Now, I don't know if this is

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****. Now, I don't know if this is the right place to ask but recently, I had an malfunction error pop up on my computer that turned out to be someone hacking into my computer. I called the number on that error message and the person I talked to fixed the problem by installing some software on my computer. Now, I accidentally uninstalled one of those softwares and I got that same error message because of it. Is there a way I can get that software installed again? Now, I realize you may not be able to help me with this but it doesn't hurt to ask. I tried to contact them again, but I can't seem to get a hold of them.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
Hi, The company that you spoke with is part of a group of rogue companies that will infect your computer then install a program that "fixes" it so basically they cause the issue then fix it for you so they can make money off you. I will be more than happy to connect to your computer and fix the issue so that it does not appear any more. I am sending you the premium service offer so I can connect to your computer. It can take 1-2 minutes for it to appear.