Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a HP Deskjet 3050A all in one printer that i'm trying

Customer Question

I have a HP Deskjet 3050A all in one printer that i'm trying to connect wireless and I keep getting a message that says my HP radio is off. what is it and where do I find it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The diagnostics results say I'm connected but not run and that I need to turn on the wireless radio on my HP PRINTER.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Try unplugging the printer from the power source for a whole 2 minutes then turn it back on and try to enable the wireless radio again. Set it up using the WPS option.If that doesn't do the trick, from your printer:Go to Wireless > Settings > Restore Network Defaults.Accept the prompt to reset the default settings.Press the wireless button once more.Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It still didn't work not sure what is wrong. It says it's connect p
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry about that! Says it's connected but when I try to print wirelessly it says it can't communicate with the device. I ran out of time and patience so will try again tomorrow. Thank you!
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.
Hello how did it go?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm giving it one more try today and see if I can get it going. I just moved into a new house and have a different Internet address but my Mac Pro is connected to the new address and that is working well. The printer is the one that just won't work unless it's connected to the Mac with a USB Connection, it will not work wireless. I'm going to uninstall it and than install it again and see what happens.
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.
It might have been configured to use a different IP address and with the slight changes it got "confused" as to where to what network to connect to.Try installing it again and let me know what happens.Martin