GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I cannot open up my e-mail because it will not

Customer Question

I cannot open up my e-mail because it will not accept my password. Please help!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was working fine about 2 weeks ago, then I left home to visit with my kids & was gone for about 2 weeks. While I was with my kids I purchased an Ipad & they could not get it to work with the sbcglobal e-mail address, so we opened an icloud e-mail for my ipad. When I got home I tried to read my e-mail on my PC, but it would not accept my password, which I have had for years. Please help. Thank You.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes, we went to AT&T in Sacramento to get the problem resolved, but they said that because I didn't have a "bundled acct" with them they could NOT help me !!! Yikes!!! (no service from AT&T) I went to TMobile, & Apple & they insisted that the problem was with AT&T. I called Time Warner here @ home & they, also, said the problem was with AT&T. I, so far, have not had
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you or anyone else try anything else at the website?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** you still having trouble accessing your sbcglobal net e-mail? This has been an issue for many people since the at&T partnership with Yahoo. If it's still a problem for you, the instructions below should help you to regain access.

1. Go here to reset your password.
  2. Choose Forgot Password.
  3. Enter your email address.
  4. Click continue.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen and you should be able to reset your password.

If the instructions that I've have provided have been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer I do not receive credit for my answer or any compensation at all without a rating of 3 stars or more. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!