Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

Wow, a real person.... I have a Windows 2003 Server with SP

Customer Question

Wow, a real person....
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Windows 2003 Server with SP 2 installed. All has been fine for years and years, but a few weeks ago, a regular file supplier who uploads a big 1.5 gb file every night started reporting that the file in question would upload and then at the end with 100 percent of the file transferred, with the name of the file correctly noted on my receiving-end Windows 2003 server, the ftp process starts all over again, overwriting the perfectly fine file and does this over and over again, as if the sending ftp client isn't getting told that the file was received OK. So, why would my 2003 Server be doing this suddenly? I don't think I've done anything to the computer.
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope. that is it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.

the first thing i would check was whether something on his end changed if you dont think anything changed on yours.

are they using a different ftp program ?

can they try it with an old copy of the file that worked ?

do you have enough space for the file and does he have proper rights ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. Will check.

ok let me know i will be around later today or tomorrow.