Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My computer is frozen with a blue screen watchdog, I can't

Customer Question

My computer is frozen with a blue screen watchdog
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can't get my computer to turn off and it is stuck on the screen with the sad face and says DPC watchdog violation
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Press and hold down the power button on the computer for 45 seconds and release it that will shut down the computer after that wait for 5 mins and power it back on as normally you do.

Let me know if you have any question feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I already know to do that. My computer will not shut off
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

If that has not worked that means static power has taken over the computer. Unplug the power cable from the back if this is a desktop compuer and in case its a laptop unplug the ac adapter and remove the battery and then press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds that will remove the static then you may connect the battery and the ac adapter and turn on the computer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm on my iPad . My laptop is frozen
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

I am giving the steps to follow it on your laptop.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is a Lenovo yoga 2 I don't dee a battery. It is not connected to an energy source
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

have you unplugged the ac adapter from the yoga?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is nothing plugged in to the laptop
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Is the yoga under warranty?

How old is it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know it belongs to my work
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why won't it turn off
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

There are two options.

1. If its under warranty you cannot open it to reset the power as it will void warranty.

2. If not in warranty the Yoga mode has he battery inside the bottom cover which you will have to remove to access the battery and remove the battery or disconnect it from the laptop to shut down the power and then release the static power which i creating the problem of system frozen screen.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will I loose all my files?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

saved files will not be lost however if you are working on a file and that has not been saved in that case you may loose that particular file other files and data will be safe and sound.

Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

To remove the battery you may refer to this video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGAO6V5dfcc

Dont go with the exact model number of the color of the laptop just follow the battery removal steps which is common on all yoga models.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well this didn't fix my problem.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will I be charged?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

I am glad that the problem got fixed. The question regarding charge and billing i will not be the correct person to let you know because we as an expert do not have any customers billing or customer info with us. You can contact customer care if you have any billing question.

Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The problem is not fixed and I don't want to be charged. I am not agreeable that you helped me solve this
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You just told me you could not fix it
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

i have given you all possible ways and possibilities how to get this fixed however it depends on you if you have performed the steps or have not tried. What i am trying to say is you came to us with a problem and i have provided you the possible solution and steps to follow. I hope i have put in all my time and effort and gave you the solution.

I am sorry to say but I have never told you that i cannot fix it, let me know where i have mentioned i cannot fix it. I gave you all the possible steps to perform and its you who will decide to follow them.