Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My ASUS sonic master laptop comes on and I can put in my

Customer Question

My ASUS sonic master laptop comes on and I can put in my password, but the screen just remains black. I can see my arrow, but no selections appear. Last night it was working fine. How do I get the icons to reappear?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please Turn off the laptop, and disconnect the battery and AC adapter from it. Wait five minutes, then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds and release it. Proceed to connect the ac adapter

without the battery and turn it back on. If still no display, disconnect the AC adapter, reinsert the battery, then reconnect the AC adapter and try now.

Let me know if it works

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have to disconnect the screws at the rear. It will take me a moment.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Take your time please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't seem to remove the back side.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

what is the model/brand of your laptop ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ASUS x551 mav Notebook PC
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The last screw head has stripped out. I may have to use a drill?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I removed the screw head, now how do I open it?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

It will be little difficult to take off the battery, please try another solution :

press Ctrl+Alt+Del and see if it brings up the Task Manager. If it does, Click on File > Run new task. Type explorer.exe and hit Enter. If this does not work for you, remove all external devices and reboot. If you are able to get display, it might mean that one of the external hardware is causing the problem. If that is the case, start plugging in external devices one by one until you lose display.

If removing external devices does not fix the issue, go to the safe mode.you will have to reboot your computer. At the lock screen, click on the power icon towards bottom left of the display. While holding down SHIFT, click on RESTART. This will make your computer reboot. After the reboot, you are given a number of options – select Safe mode with Networking mode. You can simply press F5 on the screen to enter safe mode. click on Troubleshoot and then on Advanced. Then click on Startup Settings and then Restart. The option to enter Safe Mode will be presented when the computer reboots.

Open Device Manager and Remove the Display Driver

1. Click on search bar and type “device manager” without quotes
  2. From the list that appears, click on Update Device Drivers to bring on the Device Manager window
  3. In the Device Manager window, locate and click to expand Display Adapters
  4. Right click on the Display Adaptor Driver and click on Uninstall
  5. Reboot to auto install the drivers again

This should fix the issue of black screen for you.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. Thanks for trying to help.
Expert:  SladeV replied 8 months ago.

My name is***** will help you too the best of my ability. I am unsure of what the other people had suggested but, I would kind of not worry about that now.

What password ***** you putting in? The BIOS Password ***** start the laptop or the one too get in your account?