Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I just purchased a Canon Wireless Pixma Printer MG2922. I

Customer Question

I just purchased a Canon Wireless Pixma Printer MG2922. I have followed the set up instruction several times... I have closed my computer to reboot... i have turned the printer on and off... I have accessed the DISC instructions that came with the printer.... I cannot get the darn thing to work.... The set up instructions on line does not list that printer number... the page starts with MG2940... I did try to set up using that info but didnt work... the DISC instruction coincidently, are the same as MG2940.. my computer is using windows 10... has lots of get up and go.... and I used to work in a major banking company in their tech department... help!!! what am i doing wrong or how is this going to work.... please dont tell me I purchased a discontinued printer... I know, but usually they are supported for several years.... I also gave one to my Granddaughter so if it is too far out of date-- I have two disappointed people and a wallet.... thanks for trying to help!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Have you checked whether printer itself is working fine. You can check this by simply scan a document and print. Use copy function on printer

Please let me know the status

waiting for your reply

The software side, i can support you by starting a remote session with your computer and do the job for you

Please reply to above post

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello! I am sorry I had to leave, and then go to work... are you available now.... did you ever get to see my payment I made on Paypal yesterday for $36??? That was one of my biggest problems trying to contact you and resolve my printer... this web site would not acknowledge my payment.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have had no luck tonight getting anyone to answer me or even acknowledge me that I am requesting help... I will be back on line all day Thursday and will leave my computer open Thursday night from 6pm tp 9pm PDT.... i hope you work on Thursday.... I would like to clear this from my things to do calendar.... thanks!!! ***** ******

Dear Ellan,

Greetings..

Please let me know when you are back..

Also, please answer below queries..

1: Please use printer copy function and see prints works without problem. Computer intervention is not required for this activity and it let us know whether printer itself works fine

2: What mode you choose for printer connectivity? (USB/ LAN/ Wireless)

Please update

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The printer functions without problem...
I am trying to set up using LAN as printer did not come with cordsI have unfortunately not been available for your schedule. I am going to ask for a different specialist to get this resolved.. thank you for all your followup... this decision does not infer any negative thought of your skills.. you have been a gentleman and again thank you..
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been attempting to use your service for 3 days... the Tech support specialist that was helping me was arsufi2002... however we have different schedules and seem not to be able to catch each other...... would someone on the floor help me now.... I have already paid for service

Are you available now..

I am sorry, we are in different time Zones. That's why i can't get you at real time. I am hereby sharing the printer configuring procedure. Please perform and update status

Note: Please have a LAN cable as its required for LAN connection....

Once you have, please do connection as follows..

1: Connect one end of LAN to Printer LAN/Ethernet Port and other end to Router LAN/Ethernet Port

2: Turn on Printer

3: Download and run Printer software from computer. Find Printer software on CD which you got with printer. or you can download from below link

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg2922

4: Run Software > Choose LAN when prompts for Connectivity mode > Complete Installation

Software will detect printer and configure on PC

Please let me know if that works..

Please message if you come across with any issues.

Thanks for your patience

Thanks

Hi,Customer.

Didn't find you back..

Has issue resolved?

Would you please update status

Thanks