Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

Before Windows 10 did an upgrade on my computer last Sunday,

Customer Question

Before Windows 10 did an upgrade on my computer last Sunday, I used to have icons for Epson Scan and Epson Stylus CX4200 on my desktop. Yesterday, when I tried to scan some documents I wanted to email to someone, I noticed that my Epson Scan icon was no longer there. The icon for my printer (Epson Stylus CX4200) is still there but I cannot even activate it. How can I restore them back to my desktop and get them working again?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please click on the correct Epson website below:

, then there, download and install the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package"

, then you will get the EPSON Scan program icon on your computer.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Another solution is to reverse the Windows 10 upgrade: Click on Start -> Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery, then select the option to go back to your previous Windows 7 and continue.

- If needed, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.