Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I have been approached via instant message by a woman named

Customer Question

I have been approached via instant message by a woman named *********:My name is ******** from the Facebook Incorporation lives in USA, I am a Facebook Online Customer Service Rep, i was order by ********* the COO of Facebook to add you up as a friend so that i can pass across to you some good news about your Facebook account? .The draw was taken 12:00 PM (on the 1st March 2015) by Facebook Pool Authority , You were among the 5 winners who won $550,000.00 USD each in the International Facebook Pool.
The draws was Organized by a random selection of emails you were picked by an advanced automated random computer searcher, in order to claim your $550,000.00 USD which is the money you won in the Online International Facebook Pool which is a new innovation by the Facebook Authorities, is aimed to say a big thanks to all our users for making Facebook their number one means to connect, communicate, relate and hook up with their Friends and Families all over the world..this was the begining of a conversation regarding:Have you been informed concerning the 550,000.00 USD that you won online from the Facebook lottery pool Promotions. I texted with her and she forwarded me to Gilbert ***** *****:
I am your claims officer and i am here to take you through the steps on how you will get your winnings. then the following conversation:
A Fedex Courier Company Special Delivery Agent will be bringing your winnings to your doorstep so therefore he needs you information
and All you have to do now is to provide me with your following information ... as to compare with the ones we have already and once it tallies,your winnings details will be fully disclosed to you
Full Name:
Residential Address (Not P.O Box Address):
Phone Number:
U still there?
Once again we will like to know how you want to receive your winnings as you have three payment option and all require fee so take note. The fee will be include in the bracket below as you are to choose one out of the option and your winnings is going to get to your doorstep on how you want it.
1) A.T.M (These require delivery charges and would be paid by beneficiary So take note of these).
2) CASH PAYMENT (These require delivery charges and would be paid by beneficiary So take note of these).
3) CHECK (These require delivery charges and would be paid by beneficiary So take note of these).The FedEx is a profit making organization that needs to be paid for the services they render,they are to do the delivery of your package to your delivery location and the delivery fee has been the same legit fee that our past winners have paid to get there packages delivered to them. I am very concerned that this is a scam utilizing facebook as the messenger. Please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a scam; they just want your money, so do not provide them your money or credit card or bank information, etc. If something sounds to good to be true, then it is. There are a lot of fake facebook accounts online. In the future, please always ignore any message (or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Also, you can open the facebook message from that scammer, then click on the gear (wheel) icon at the top, then click on the option Report Spam or Abuse..., and continue.

; You can also click on the scammer's name to go to her facebook profile page, then there, click on the 3-dot icon near the top, then select the Block option and continue.

Do you have any further question and/or do you need anything else?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.