GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I allowed the battery to run down on my Miix700 tablet. Now

Customer Question

I allowed the battery to run down on my Miix700 tablet. Now after numerous recharges it will not start. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Good morning! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Sometimes, these devices will go into sleep or hibernation mode in order to save any applications that are open if the battery runs completely down. If it has been fully charged after running down, you shoudl be able to hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds, to force it to turn completely off, and then press it again, and the device will boot as normal.

If this resolves your problem, kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer I do not receive credit for my answer or any compensation at all without a rating of 3 stars or more. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried your suggestion to no avail. I consulted with Lenovo and they believe there's a power issue. I'm shipping it to them for service.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Thank you for letting me know. Have a great evening!