Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have been trying to put a website on my desk top. I right

Customer Question

I have been trying to put a website on my desk top. I right click on the webpage the select short cut. put short cut on desktop. Icon appears on the desktop but when I click on it all I get is a blank page. I am running Windows 7 Pro. So what is wrong or what am I doing wrong? Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know which website shotcut you are trying to put on your desktop screen and its not opening.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Foxnews.com and 2 or three other none will come up other than a blank page.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

copy this link highlight it and copy using the mouse once done go to the desktop screen and do a right click on the blank space then select New the select shortcut and then you enter this link and click ok the webpage will be saved.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

In case you are unable to do i can remotely do it for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tried what you suggested it did the same thing a blank page came up. Any more Ideas?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

do you want me to show you how to do is right in front of your eyes using a secure remote access service?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I will use the Favorites menu that works. Thank you for your time. And end my membership. Hope this help was FREE.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

if you do not want the additional service not a problem i can still help you get your website shortcut on the location you want.

Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

I have already given you the easiest steps to follow howver you are not able to follow in that case i can walk you through if you do not want a remote assistance.