BigDish101
BigDish101,
Experience:  Systems Administrator at TXNJ Enterprises
92961829

My account was apparently "hacked" or something last week

Customer Question

My account was apparently "hacked" or something last week and my AOL account was deactivated. I called AOL several days ago and I was told that my account would be activated in 24-48 hours. When I called yesterday,I was told to call back in 24 hours. I called back tonight(3/26) @ 1940 and apparently nothing has been done to reactivate my account. What is going on?? I sincerely ***** ***** account to be reactivated because I need to communicate with people internationally as well as in the States. My e-mail address is***@******.***/***** ***** Brambl/born in Fort Smith,AR/phone #(###) ###-#### ***** please help me! Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No because AOL hasn't told me what' going except one person from AOL mentioned my account appeared to have been hacked but would be reactivated in 24-48 hours--that was 3 days ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 8 months ago.

This is between you and AOL, a third party like us (other than a lawyer) is not going to be able to help you with this. Please contact AOL directly about this issue.