Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT BUT SUDDENLY I GET A MESSAGE THAT I

Customer Question

I HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT FOR EMAIL BUT SUDDENLY I GET A MESSAGE THAT I NEED A SECURE APP . HOW DO I SIGN ON????? NOTE: MY EXISTING PASSWORD ***** NOT WORK NOW.
PHILIP
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it is outlook but i've never had to worry about this so i'm not sure.
ps i'm 90 years old and still trying to connect with the modern scene. please help
philip

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can't afford the 35 dollars. just answer my question. thanks,philip

I offered the remote as a favor to you because the problem can be one of many. I plan on analyzing the problem and fixing it. We can start the remote now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 79 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a remote assistance is supposed to be an option but you seem to be making it a condition. i object to this. once again please answer my question.
philip

Okay. I don't want you to think I am forcing the remote. "What" is the problem? The problem can be one of about 10 different things. The culprits can be one of several. The remote will allow me to analyze the problem and fix it. If you already know what the culprit is, please tell me so I can give you the answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
up to yesterday i was using my email on this HP laptop without trouble. Now I cannot use this email and I don't know why????. It does not respond to my previous password. Can access be provided by resetting the password.?
Thanks, Philip

It can be caused if you enabled 2nd Step Authentication, changed the password, or if don't have non-secure apps enabled in your account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did not enable 2nd Step Authentification
i did not change my password
i am prepared to set up a secure app if you tell me how

Log into your account first and go to the following page: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

On the aforementioned page, turn it on and save it. Once that is complete, test if Outlook is working now.

May I ask how that is coming along?