Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I installed ESET on my ASUS X555UA laptop and almost

Customer Question

I installed ESET on my ASUS X555UA laptop and almost everything stopped working. Anything that did work was very slow. I uninstalled ESET but, since I still have 2 years paid for, I'd like to know if there is a solution to my problem. Additionally, some programs are still working slowly.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi Cindy! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with your through It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm a user of Eset myself, and have seen this behavior occur most often when Eset has been installed alongside another security application. You mention that your laptop is new; does it perhaps have a trial version of another antivirus product (Norton/McAfee/Kaspersky/etc.) installed?

If that's the case, uninstall the security application which came preinstalled on the computer, reboot, and see if the sluggish behavior continues. If the problem persists (or you had no other security products in the first place), please let me know!

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.

Hi Cindy: I just wanted to check back in with you to see if you were still experiencing this issue? Please let me know...I'm happy to assist further if needed!