Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I imagine this applies to a few of us. Some time ago I

Customer Question

I imagine this applies to a few of us. Some time ago I purchased an IQ526. Went traveling and left it at home. I have returned and need to use it. Problem is I cannot remember the password. My daughter does not remember what she did with the password ***** disk I created. How can I resolve this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you cannot log in and open any program on the HP IQ526 computer?

Can you confirm it has windows vista (or windows xp, or 7 or 8 or 10)?

Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following fix:

1. Shut down the HP computer.
  2. Turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing and releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly on the keyboard until a the recovery menu (or keyboard menu) appears, and continue.
  3. Select the option System Recovery (if needed, select Troubleshoot option, then Recovery Manager and/or Reset PC.)
  4. If prompted, select the option to back up your files first if you need.
  5. Continue the recovery process.

- Do you get a menu when trying the above steps?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.