Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience:  21 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Printer and network
21913621

I have an Acer Veriton Z2660G with AiO running win 7 pro. I

Customer Question

I have an Acer Veriton Z2660G with AiO running win 7 pro. I unplugged it for a couple days, plugged it back in and not the center of the Touch Screen doesn't work. I tried to recalibrate -- but it only gives me 8 points in the four corners; nothing for the center of the screen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 8 months ago.

So from your description, I am presuming that you have already gone through the standard recalibration:

Use the following steps to calibrate your touch screen in Windows 7:

1. Click Start and then Control Panel, and next Hardware and Sound.
  2. Under Tablet PC Settings, tap Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.
  3. On the Display tab, under Display options, tap Calibrate and then Yes to allow the program to make changes.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your touch screen.

If you have done this and the response has been negative, you CAN first try updating the touchscreen drivers from the hardware device manager. If that fails you can then try removing the touchscreen from the hardware device manager, rebooting, and letting Windows find it again.

That should reinstall/update the drivers.

If none of THAT works, then it may be hardware related. If it is hardware related, and the unit is still under manufacturer's warranty, you can call Acer customer service here: 1(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've tried that and it didn't work

You tried all three things I suggested?

If so, then the only thing you are left with is going to Acer to see if they can get someone to look directly at your touchscreen. They DO fail in strange ways. I have a Sony Vaio touchscreen that only failed on the right side. I wish there were more to suggest, but barring a complete system reload, this is where we are.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've tried all of those -- oh well I guess I just don't have a kiosk for this check-in statuon

I am sorry. I wish there was something else I could do for you here. But with hardware being the likely culprit, there is very little anyone could do in a venue like this.

If you are pleased with your answer and the speed with which it was delivered, please grant me a favorable rating. The numbers are tracked and mean a great deal to us.