Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Please send a tech to my home to fix two problems. *TV in

Customer Question

Please send a tech to my home to fix two problems.
*TV in bedroom won't turn on
*TV in living room gives me not available message
I am not a teen techie--I am 83 years old and would like my TV's fixed so I can sit down and watch.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Gertrude.

Can you please tell me the make/model of each tv?
How do you get your tv channels/service?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Both are Samsung. Service is from Comcast.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you fix it without my having to sit here for an hour trying to figure out what you want me to do?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Okay, this is not something that comcast would help you with. The bedroom tv is most likely hardware related, and the 2nd is most likely just a setting. Neither of these are comcast related.

Please give me the complete model number of each tv.
I also need for you to tell me exactly what the bedroom tv is doing (any lights, clicking sounds, etc).

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

This is not an instant process, information and details are required from you so I can tell you what to do.

This is not a house call service that comcast would provide. I can help you here via chat, or over the phone.

I could also help you find a 3rd party tech that could come out if you feel you need on site service.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
bedroom TV is UN373H500DFXZA
living room is LN46A550P3FXZA
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know what is causing the problem. My next payment is due 3/26. I send my payments online and that payment is scheduled to be sent today, 3/22 and I have already received notice that is was sent. The last payment was sent 2/23/16. The name on that account is Bish Johnson. Gertrude is my legal name.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I turn on the bedroom TV I get nothing, a blank black screen
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have out-of-town visitors coming and I have no TV to offer them. Can you give me the phone number of someone who will come to my home and fix the problems?
If Comcast can't fix the problems, why do they say they can fix anything and everything, just sign-on to on-line services????? I am really upset, I have other things I need to do before my company comes. Guess it is time to get rid of Comcast.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Bish, this is NOT comcast. I don't work for comcast, and your comcast payment has nothing to do with this issue.

These are problems with your TV. It is a samsung tv problem. I'm trying to help you, but cannot do so until you provide the information I've requested.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

I need for you to tell me exactly what the bedroom tv is doing (any lights, clicking sounds, etc).