Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I have a all in one series 2(05/2009)that I can't get it to

Customer Question

I have a all in one series 2(05/2009)that I can't get it to start it keeps going to the safe mode page. I was updating my drivers with a fix driver software when this started I do not have a cd to reload from.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have enterent were I am and the computer can not turn on to get to that level I can only get to safe mode. I am using my phone to talk to you

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Hold both of the two following keys at the same time: Windows Key and the letter R key
- In the box that comes up, type the following and click OK: rstrui
- Choose to Restore to an earlier time > Click Next.
- Choose a date at least one week before you started experiencing your problem.
- Click NEXT > NEXT > NEXT.
- Your computer will restart and your issue will be gone.

Once it reboots normally, you should be all set. Please, come back here and update me on your status once that is complete.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This answer didn't help windows still won't open I couldn't find a place on the window error recovery screen to use the window key plus the r key at the same time that would do anything

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have a Internet connection at the computer site also if windows won't open how can I open my browser to get on the Internet?

You stated that you were able to get into "Safe Mode". That means that Windows is opened.

Please, follow the instructions below:

- Plug the computer into the modem or router with a networking cable.
- Turn the computer off
- Turn the computer on
- Start pressing the F8 key on the top of the keyboard
- At the Boot menu, choose Safe Mode with Networking
- Hit the Enter key three times

When you do that are you able to access the Internet?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was wrong when I said I could get into save mode I can only get to the windows error recovery screen when I enter any of the 4 modes it tries to start but returns to the error recovery screen again.

Thank you for the clarification. May I ask for the brand and model name of your computer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Averatec all in one made by TriGem USA ID 89578 oem(###) ###-####00192 AMD Athlon X2 dual core processor 3250E
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Vista home premium
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. Do you have the model name of the Averatec computer? There are several different models that match what the description that you gave.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model no. Averatec all ln one/A2 part no.: D1133AH1E-1 factory no. 2 (05/2009)

Thank you for the update. I have found that model. You can perform a factory restore, which will erase everything on the Hard Drive and Reset it to the same state it was when you first purchased the computer. After the restore is complete, your files will be gone, but Windows will work. To be totally clear, if you do the reset, it will erase your files on the hard drive. After it is complete, it will be in the same state as it was when you first purchased it.

In order to run the restore, do the following:

- Turn the computer off and on.

- Start tapping the key responsible for Recovery. The key will either be the F4 or the F5 key. (If that doesn't work, try F12).
- From there, you can choose to do a factory restore/reset.

- Once that is complete, the computer will reboot and you will be all set.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason