Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

I have 2 Computers a Surface Pro 3 and a newer Surface Book.

Customer Question

I have 2 Computers a Surface Pro 3 and a newer Surface Book. Both had the same code to open the computer. The surface book was infected with spyware (chromium) and locked up. I tried to remove the malware and when the system reset I put in my 4 digit code. It did not unlock the computer, I entered my Microsoft password, nothing. I entered every other code I know, it would not open the surface book. I used my second computer and went to and changed my password ***** the second computer then went back and tried to open the second and nothing. Can you tell me how to open my surface book?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through
I've got a bit of an ugly hack for you, but I'm nearly certain it will work to get you back into the Surface Book. It involves converting your Microsoft account login to a local login, and then resetting/removing the password ***** that local account.
To get the job done, you'll be creating a bootable USB drive on your working computer, and then using that drive on your Surface Book to run a password ***** tool called PCUnlocker.

I can't post these particular full instructions here due to site rules, but you'll find them here:

Please let me know if that helps! If not, we'll find another way to get you in. :-)

If you are pleased with the quality of service I’ve given you, would you take just a moment to rate me? By doing so, you’ll help other customers by letting them know about your experience working with me, and your positive feedback allows me to be paid for the work I’ve performed. I greatly appreciate it, and hope you will reach back out to me if I can be of any further assistance to you!

How do I rate an answer?
You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates me for my time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that I will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for my answer.