Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My laptop was working ok i have just brought from the techs,

Customer Question

my laptop was working ok i have just brought from the techs, allof a sudden a curtain comes telling me that there was a problem trying to re start, cannot go baCK TO TECH
right now maybe you could help me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 8 months ago.

Hello Francelina how are you?

Please enter your contact information and I will be able to call you.

My apologies that was another screen that came up incorrectly. When you say a curtain comes up can you explain what you mean? Do you see the Windows screen at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are u there?

Yes I am here. The remote assistance is not working properly right now. When do you see the 333 error?

Can you explain the exact error you are seeing? Does it give any other information than 333 error? Anything about the registry?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not know which is the registry

It is alright, can you describe the 333 error? Does it say anything else?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no it just went blank and it said that it was windows trying to fix my pc

OK what is the model of the laptop? A 333 error seems to relate to a virus but I am trying to verify for sure what it is.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it's a Dell 1500 inspiring and I do believe it's a virus implanted by those people in India

It very well could be. When you turn on the computer try tapping F8 and see if you get to safe mode instead of normal boot.

Are you having any luck getting it to a different boot prompt?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried that alrdy no luck
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no luck it seems like it's completely blocked and this happens on weekends, I know,it's those people from India bcse I called them thieves and they have my isp
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
know what, I will take it 2morrow to the shop thanks 4 ur help he a good nite

OK it does seem to be a scam where they try to get you to pay to fix a problem they caused. You can let me know if it resembles the screen here --

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/fraud-scam/2015/09/avoid-this-bsod-tech-support-scam/

If you need assistance tomorrow you can open up this message box and I will be able to assist you remove this virus. We would need to make a antivirus boot disk. Let me know later if you would like to continue this route and I'll be happy to help, have a good evening!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that's exactly the problem I have trying to help those people and they end up scamming us, I'm certain it's them now,I have another laptop at home plus giveemail ur contact so I can get in touch with u 2morrow, now it's late anduse go to bed thanks a million

I have tried to accept the secure remote assistance so I can give you my email and telephone number but unfortunately it is a billing problem and not working. For us to talk tomorrow, just go to this page and respond here and I will see it as soon as I am online. Have a great night!

Have you had any luck with this computer? Would you like to attempt to make a antivirus boot disk?