Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

I am using Eudora 7.1 with Windows 7. I am considering

Customer Question

I am using Eudora 7.1 with Windows 7. I am considering upgrading to Windows 10.
Will this version run on Win 10?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi Harold! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you via It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Eudora 7.1 *did* have some issues when Windows 10 was first released, but most of the bugs have been subsequently fixed. Some users suggest installing Eudora into its own folder in the root directly (C:\EUDORA) instead of allowing it to install at c:\Program Files (x86), as it seems to minimize compatibility issues. After installation, you'll also want to make sure to set Eudora as the default email handler; in Windows 10, go to START > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > DEFAULT APPS , and select the option to SET DEFAULTS BY APP. Then, choose Eudora, click the SET THIS PROGRAM AS DEFAULT option, and you're good to go!

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

I am just checking back in to see if my last response to you adequately answered your question? If you need any further assistance, please let me know!