Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have a black screen and the Microsoft logo with a swirling

Customer Question

I have a black screen and the Microsoft logo with a swirling circle, I cannot access the pc at all
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I lost about half of my apps on the screen, then when I tried to resolve the issue the laptop went into shutdown
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I changed to windows 10 some months ago but it has been good since then
JA: Our top Computer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Computer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Computer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First off, please press and HOLD down the Power button for atleast 30 seconds (even after the screen has turned off), and then release the button.

Next, press the Power button one more time - does it boot up all right this time?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below.

Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the stars at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that is the answer I do not think anything of it and would not pay for a response such as that. It pretty basic and is the first action when looking to resolve an issue.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify, did you already carry out the steps as directed? Keep me posted.