Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Received an HP Pavillion Notebook as gift two years ago but

Customer Question

Hi - received an HP Pavillion Notebook as gift two years ago but have not used it. Forgot password ***** opening product up at that time, and am missing adaptor. Please advise on adaptor to purchase and how I can get in with a new password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is the adapter you need the power adapter that plugs in to an electrical outlet?

Is there a label on the bottom of the laptop that gives you a model number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No model number listed - label says HP Protectsmart on the back, and Pavillion on the front label. The adaptor would have to be plugged into an electrical outlet
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In looking over some of the packaging, I see HP Pavilion dv9000 Entertainment PC listed - could that be a model number?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am exiting this program - it appears no one is here to assist me as I am not getting any information. I authorized $5.00 only on my credit card and will not be responsible for any amount over the $5.00 since no one is assisting me.
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Hi. I am here. Thanks for the model number. I just want to be clear that

it is the power adapter that you need?

Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You cannot connect to my device because I can't turn it on without an adaptor to plug it in to an electrical outlet.
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

I assumed that. Once you get the power adapter I'll be able to get you back in to the laptop.

First things first. You need power to get this process started.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I will purchase the adaptor then contact you to help me get into the laptop since I no longer have the password
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Great. I'll be here to help when you're ready.

You'll have email from JustAnswer in your inbox. Please save them as they contain a link

that will return you to this page when you're ready to proceed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you Byron. Just to make sure - this transaction is not complete and I will not be charged the $40.00 until after I get back to you, is that correct?
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

I don't work in billing but that's the way I understand it to work.

You can call customer support at 1.***-***-**** for clarification.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We won't know until I purchase one and try it - how else will I know? Unfortunately there is very little information listed on this laptop and since this was a x-mas gift from 2 years ago, I am missing paperwork, packaging info, etc.
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

The adapter in the link I provided is for your model laptop. I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok - we cannot go any further until I purchase an adaptor - at that time I will contact you again for further assistance in getting into the laptop w/out knowing previous password ***** at that time I will be very willing to pay in full as I will have been assisted. Thank you Byron, hope I get you when I get back to this site. Maria
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

As long as you use the link in the JustAnswer email to return to this page you will reach me.

Please don't open a new question as that will generate new charges.

When you leave a reply on this page I'm notified via email.