Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

MY PC AND PRINTER (CANON MP250) ARE NOT WORKING TOGETHER

Customer Question

MY PC AND PRINTER (CANON MP250) ARE NOT WORKING TOGETHER PROPERLY. THE PRINTER CAN PRINT THE "WINDOWS TEST PAGE", SO IS STILL WORKING. WHEN I TRY TO PRINT A PAGE FROM MY PC, A BOX APPEARS WITH THE "SAVE PRINT OUTPUT AS": DESKTOP, DOCUMENTS, DOWNLOADS, PICTURES, ETC ETC. THIS BOX NEVER APPEARED BEFORE AND AFTER I PICK SOME OPTIONS, KICKS BACK TO THE START OF THE PRINT PROCESS, WITHOUT ANY PROGRESS, OR, PRINT. ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I SWITCHED ON MY PC AND IT WAS UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 8 TO 10 WITHOUT ANY COMMAND FROM ME. I THINK THERE MUST BE A CONNECTION TO MY PRINTING PROBLEM. THIS BOX NEVER APPEARED BEFORE. I PRINT RARELY AND ONLY NOTICED I WAS UNABLE TO PRINT A FEW DAYS AGO. HOPE U CAN HELP. GORDON *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please set the printer as Default, it will resolve the issue. Can you allow me to access your computer, so that I can assist you better.

If no, please follow the instructions below.

Right click on the Start button and select Control panel. In Control panel, select View Devices and Printers, listed under Hardware and Sound.

Over there, right click on the printer name and select Set as Default. Try printing anything and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N