Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a hp computer with a vista program. can I update my

Customer Question

I have a hp computer with a vista program. can I update my system so that i can continue to get google updates and others?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ronald. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Just because Google will no longer be providing Chrome updates it does not mean that the

browser will quit working. It's just that it may not work correctly on some websites.

To work around that you have some options. You can use a different browser like Mozilla Firefox.

You can also upgrade the operating system to Windows 7 or higher. Upgrading the operating

system would involve the cost of purchasing a copy of the new operating system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would the upgrade cost? Could I upgrade to windows 10? Could you do the upgrade or will I have to hire a tech to do it?
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

There are certain things to consider when upgrading an older machine. I have no doubt that Windows 10 can be installed to it but because of the age of the machine driver support will be almost non-existent. Some things may

not work correctly. You would be doing a clean install of the new operating system. You would need to back up all

your personal files first. Any software programs that you have would need to be installed after the upgrade to Windows 10 and there is a good possibility that some of the older programs won't run under Windows 10. I can help walk you through doing this but obviously I can't be there in person to assist.

You can download a copy of Windows 10 for free. What isn't free is the product key needed to activate

the installation with Microsoft. The lowest price I've seen is here:

http://product.key-downloader.com/windows-10/windows-10-pro?gs=1&gclid=CIHTl9rEzcsCFY8bgQodorYL0w

The retail cost of Windows 10 is $119.99