Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I believe my computer has been accessed, a large picture

Customer Question

I believe my computer has been accessed, a large white picture with a bird on top appeared while I was watching movies and said that malware has been placed on my computer and to call a #1(###) ###-####it w?as around midnight Hawaii time, I called the # ***** no one answered, I guess that's good, it appears they were hackers, notices keep popping up saying something is wrong with my computer. Can you help me Please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Carol

First, please do not call the number, it is a scam and its usually only a web page and not an infection. Its basically a trick to get you to call, they ask for your credit card and a large payment to remove it, nothing happens and you have to pay more. It is very good they did not answer.

Now first, where exactly is this page appearing? In your web browser? And which one?