Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

Erving, I bought a Asus x502c that had been in storage year

Customer Question

Erving, I bought a Asus x502c that had been in storage for a year with a broken screen and found there is a password ***** the bios that they have forgotten after all this time
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Asus X502C with a lost password
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi Steven,

You will need to try removing the BIOS battery and then short out the jumpers which are usually nearby the battery and often coded as J1 and J2 or something similar. Please attach a photo of the BIOS battery area if you need further assistance with this.

Pete.