Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Randomly during a video I'm watching, the sound will start

Customer Question

Randomly during a video I'm watching, the sound will start to crackle
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The crackling is at random points and the video still plays and I can make out the sound, its just distorted with said crackling
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Computer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Computer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Computer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know the amount of RAM the computer has.

Check background in the task manager the cpu might be high due to which you are getting cracking noise due to cpu high usage.

Try to close the applications running at the back ground while playing video at the same time.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has 2 gb of ram. But it's just a tablet with not a lot of background apps
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

what it the make and model of the Tablet.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Toshiba Satellite. 2 in 1 tablet/laptop
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

2GB of RAM is the minimum hardware required to run the computer however you must be using windows 7 or above.

I would recommend 4 gb total memory for the computer to watch video or surf the internet online.