Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 stops at splash screen. "Gigabyte

Customer Question

Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 stops at splash screen. "Gigabyte Insist on Ultra Durable"
Del BIOS Setup/Q Flash, F9 Sys Info, F12 Boot Menu, END Q Flash are the KB options available. None work. No beeps at any time. NOTE: Splash screen up in 5 sec with Num Lock on. Can toggle this OK, no longer works after I press any of the other 4 options. Also this board supposedly has M-BIOS and B-BIOS.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there Jack and welcome

If you hold down on a key and wait 10 seconds, do you get a constant beeping when the buffer is full?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No sound at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, just to be sure, are you able to try a different keyboard, or confirm the keyboard is working on another computer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
KB tested on second PC OK. Faulty PC same symptom with working KB from second pc. No beeps.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thanks

To clarify, Del does not get you into the Bios correct? It just ignores it completely.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you had read my original statements you would know that NONE of the four options work. Please read before asking questions.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

I did read Jack, I am just clarifying before giving the Diagnostics, it was not meant to offend you, but to be thorough....

If you cannot get into the Bios, then it means the chipset that's failing, and its not handing off to the bios so that can load and start the boot sequence.

You're going to have to replace the board. The only other cause for this is incorrect settings in the Bios, but no matter what you did to the Bios you can always get it to restore the defaults.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you