Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Trying to get my Facebook password, I 't know how to answer!

Customer Question

Trying to get my Facebook password
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't know how to answer! My email i tried to get a update phone but i didn't like it and forgot my password
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That's all i need a little help that's all
JA: Our top Computer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Computer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Computer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If you can't log into Facebook and need to reset your password:

1. Go to the Facebook login screen at

2. In the top right, click Forgot your password?

3. Type the email, phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click on Search and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password. If you are able to provide the requested information, you will be sent a link or a code to use for resetting your password ***** by email or by text message.

4. If you can’t remember the email, phone number, or username for the account, and can’t find it on the Find Your Account page, here are some suggestions that may help:

§ Ask one of your Facebook friends to look at the About section of your profile and send you the email address listed in the Contact Information section.

§ Try entering every email address or mobile number you've owned (one at a time). You may have added an email address or mobile number to your account and forgotten about it.

§ Enter your username. Your username is ***** ***** Facebook URL:

<v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75"
coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe"
filled="f" stroked="f">
<v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75"
<v:imagedata src="file:///C:/Users/ALISON~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png"

If you don't know your username, ask a friend to go to your profile and send you the username in the URL.

§ Try entering variations of your name, just in case you signed up using a nickname.

§ If you're asked to enter a friend's name, try a variety of friends if the first friend you try doesn't locate an account. Remember to enter your friend's full name, not just their first name.

Facebook, unfortunately does not provide direct phone support or live tech support. If these instructions do not help you will need to go the Facebook Help Center at and search for help with your particular problem

Luckily, when all else fails, you can regain access to your account by providing proper id and uploading it to them so they can verify your identity.

Here's a link to the types of id that are acceptable

and here's a link to a page that tells you how to upload them:

Once you have regained access I recommend that you immediately update your password, your phone #, and your email address so you can more easily regain access in future if your account is hacked or your password ***** *****

Additionally you can set up "Trusted Friends" who can help you regain access to your account. Here's a link to information about Trusted Friends:

If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to rate me by clicking on the stars and then clicking submit or finish. If you are not satisfied, please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to continue troubleshooting an dto address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have sent an offer for Premium Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I will personally call you through all of the necessary steps. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.