Please try the following:
- Close iTunes program.
- Click on Start, then click on Music.
; (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and E on the keyboard, then click on Music on the left.)
- Open folder iTunes.
- There, right-click on the file called iTunes Library.itl then Delete it, and confirm.
- Delete these 3 more files: iTunes Music Library.xml and iTunes Library Genius.itdb and iTunes Library Extras.itdb.
- Do not empty the Recycle Bin (Trash.)
- Open iTunes program and check.
- If that does not work, please try:
- Quit iTunes.
- Go to the iTunes folder that contains the iTunes library files:
Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Go > Home. Open the Music folder, then open the iTunes folder.
Windows: Navigate to \Users\username\Music\iTunes\.
- Drag the iTunes Library.itl file to your Desktop.
- In the iTunes folder, open the Previous iTunes Libraries folder.
- Find the file named iTunes Library YYYY-MM-DD where YYYY-MM-DD is the date you updated iTunes (Year-Month-Day).
- Copy this file to the iTunes folder (the enclosing folder).
- Rename the copied file iTunes Library.
- Open iTunes.
- If that still does not work, close iTunes program
, then press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard while opening the iTunes program
, once a popup window appear, then you can release the Shift key
, then select the option Create Library...
, then enter any name you want (or keep default), then click on Save, then check.
When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.