Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am updating me computer to Window 10. I currently have

Customer Question

I am updating me computer to Window 10. I currently have window xp running on a SSD.
I am using a 2nd drive which I have updated to win 7.1 and started to update that drive to Win 10 but received a message "NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Display won’t run with Windows 10". Once I had updated the second drive to Win 10 and transferred all of my files, I planned to use the SSD migration program to copy the 2nd drive to the SSD which would now be my only drive.
The questions is if I attempt to update my Gforce driver above while running XP will the cause my computer to not display?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

I checked and it is a separate driver for windows 10 so you may lose the display but if you do, then you can boot into safe mode which will use the basic VGA driver which whilst you will not get a very good locking screen you will get a display.

If you need to get to Safe Mode, then you would start the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu and choose Safe Moe.

I do know that the Windows 8.1 driver from the NVidia will allow this card to work in Windows 10, but at an older DirectX level.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you