Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

I want to connect my Roku/tv to wireless speakers. Is this

Customer Question

I want to connect my Roku/tv to wireless speakers. Is this possible?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Actually, it's for my sister & brother in law in Mesa. They are technically challenged so they asked for my help. They have a TV outside by their patio. have already connected their Roku up for them with no problems. They have an IPad and would like to send music to the outdoor speakers thru their I Pads, Roku and possibly and new indoor sound system. I know I can do it if it's possible.....I have programmed many Logitech remotes (the nice ones! lol). I was hoping to ask an expert first. Sorry for the book. Robin
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Nope. I also installed surround in my bedroom, etc. I'm not as challenged as they are.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using justanswer.com I am Cris.

You would not be able to connect the Roku directly to a set of wireless speakers. The Roku audio output comes from out from the HDMI port. The audio is then sent to the TV. From the TV you can determine where the audio comes out. You can have the audio come out the TV speakers,to a Home Theater system or even wireless speakers. The TV would need to feed the audio to the wireless speakers not wireless but through cable.

You would need a audio out cable to 3.5mm jack the wireless speakers should have a headphone jack which would connect the speakers to the TV. You can find this cable many places that carry technology equipment. There are not many TV's that have bluetooth technology so I don't believe that would be an option on the TV they have unless it is fairly recent and a top model.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Selecting a positive rating is appreciated.

Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I wanted to follow up and see if you had any further questions.

If not please take the time to rate my service and submit.

Thank you,

Cris