Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Would getting a notebook or ipad be better than an at home

Customer Question

would getting a notebook or ipad be better than an at home pc ....especially in order to avoid viruses
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi Norma! My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you today.

Notebook computers are susceptible to the same viruses are other PCs; that said, certain notebooks computers -- like those manufactured by Apple -- are targeted less frequently and infections tend to be less-severe.

If viruses are a concern for you, an iPad might be a great buy! Unless you "hack" the device to install unapproved software, iPads cannot be attacked by viruses at all. They're also (usually) cheaper to buy than a PC, which is another feather in their cap!

Do you have any other questions I could help answer for you?

Hi again Norma: I hope I was able to answer your questions today.

I would appreciate it so much if you could take just a moment to rate my service to you today. Doing so allows me to be paid for the work I've completed, and also gives other customers an idea of what to expect when they're paired up with me.

In the meantime, thank you for contacting us and giving me the opportunity to assist you.