Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Nellimark, I have HP Z800 Desktop 8 years and it's shutting

Customer Question

Hi Nellimark
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have HP Z800 Desktop for about 8 years and it's shutting down on start up randomly - it would start for 3 days in a row and then on the 4th day it would shut down. Would have to start normally from windows start up repair screen and then it would start and get to desktop screen. This morning it made it to the desktop screen and then shut down. It doesn't shut down any time during the day -only on initial start-up. Thought it was a gaming mouse driver but eliminated that hardware and software - did it for the first time after the mouse removal after 3 successful days of starting up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. May I ask what version of Windows you have? Although at 8 years of age, a computer is likely to have some hardware issues, the fact that it this only happens upon startup would seem to indicate some type of virus or malware, or you may simply have system registry errors or software issues that are causing the problem.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. We can either have a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and work on the problem while you watch.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you're not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support. If you'd rather not do that, we can continue to talk here, but please keep in mind that it takes time to type out my answers, so please don't be annoyed if my responses aren't instantaneous. I will need to ask a few questions and depending on your answers, I will walk you through the necessary steps to troubleshoot and fix your problem.\

Both options are 100% guaranteed. Remote is just a lot faster and easier in general. quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE please accept the offer for PREMIUM SERVICES. If not please reply to me here and we will continue with a question and answer type conversation. Thank you!