Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I recently inherited a Gateway OnePC (SNID: 10801480630; SN:

Customer Question

I recently inherited a Gateway One(###) ###-####PC (SNID: *********** SN: PWGBF02004-108039D63000) and installed it in another room in my home. In an effort to make my original Dell PC more compatible, I upgraded Windows on the inherited PC from 7 Pro to 8.1 Pro.
Having experienced difficulties, I contacted Microsoft Support and the Tech was able to remove Windows 7 and download Windows 8.1.
The installation was lengthy and I choose to let it run over night. The next morning, the screen asked for the following:
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM
Account Name
Enter Password
Switch User
Reset Password
Reset Password ***** a Password ***** Disk, which I do not have,
I do not recall setting up a password ***** the previous owner’s health is not well enough to pursue a password,
I called Microsoft Support and they referred me to Gateway.
Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please restart the computer and let me know if you see the screen with an animated Windows logo with the "Starting Windows" text, or you just see the screen with a blue Windows logo.

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,