Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My T430 is stuck on Windows boot manager screen when I t

Customer Question

My T430 is stuck on Windows boot manager screen when I hit enter its stuck in a loop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

What have you tried to get this fixed on your own, did you try anything from your side to resolve it.

Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a Lenovo T430 and it didn't allow me to do much as it's stuck in a loop. I don't have a reboot disk. Also I believe I was charged the full 36.00 and it said I would be charged the 5.00 deposit.

I am sorry about the billing part as an expert we do not have access to customer info and billing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As long as you can fix it the full charge is fine.

Push and hold down the power button for 35 seconds and then release it the computer will shut down and let it be off for 3 mins. Power it back on and let me know it should boot fine after it initiates auto repair.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did so but it went to Windows recovery screen...where it's been previously. When I hit launch startup repair or start Windows normally it repeats itself.

do you see a power button on that screen ?

Hold down he shift key and then click on power and select restart while the shift key is held down let the computer reboot and let me know once you are on the recovery screen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. It says enter to continue esc to exit.

press Enter

can you take a screenshot and post it here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have so previously and did so again just now and it goes into a loop between two screens and doesn't restart or anything.

can you take a screenshot and post it here?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
With my phone

yes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here they are

have you tried the startup repair?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think so but am not sure. How do I do that

once you are on the windows error recovery screen you may use the arrow key on the keyboard to select windows launch startup repair and hit enter let that complete then you may be able to launch windows just fine. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've tried that several time I sent you two svmcreen shots when I hit repair it goes directly from recovery to boot manager.

are you sure you have tried the startup repair?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am are you able to get this fixed?

is it windows 10 upgraded windows it has or the original windows 7

do you have the original windows os disk with you this will require the os disk to run windows repair to recover the operating system.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's Windows 7 and I indicated in my first message I don't have the disk.

you will need the windows 7 disk without the disk we cannot proceed further as and when you run the repair it looks for the windows disk to copy and overwrite the corrupted files of windows which is damanged due to which its not booting up. I hope you understand we cannot move further till we have the windows 7 Os disk.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok then thus has not been of any help to me whatsoever. Who do I contact about a refund?

if you do not have a disk no one can help you get the windows revived for that you will need a windows 7 disk Tech support cannot do a magic to revive the corrupted Windows 7 OS. I hope you understand the concept of repair reinsall needs an OS disk.