GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I am in the Philippines and cannot change my password, My

Customer Question

Hi. I am in the Philippines and cannot change my password ***** Pennsylvaniab
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My other accounts work. But the one I use most, pennsylvaniab, would not open for me--saying to call customer service. I'd like to change my password ***** get on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: No...other than I'm in the Philippines visiting my son...
JA: Our top Computer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Computer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Computer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. May I ask what the last part of your email address is? Please give me only the part that follows the @sign, for example @google.com, @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com, or other.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
aol.com
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for that information. I'd like to try to walk you through what needs to be done by providing detailed instructions here. Let’s begin by going to https://i.aol.com/account/password/start. There you will need to enter your username, which is often the same as your aol email address.

You'll also need to complete the captcha (type in the letters and or numbers that you see in the box below) where you entered your user id/email. Then click next.

Next you'll see a screen where you can type in your cell phone number and have a code sent to your phone. If you still have access to the same cell phone number that you used when you setup the account, then type in that phone number and press next. If you do not have access to that phone number, click on More Verification Methods. Next click beside Answer Security Questions.

Complete the questions and click next. You will then see a screen where you can type in a new password. You will need to type it in twice, then click next. You should see a message on the next page that your password ***** been reset! Please take a moment to update your phone number on this page and to add a second email account. This information will be used to help you regain access to your account if you ever lose it again.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Please keep me posted as to how this goes for you.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have sent an offer for Premium Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Were you able to change your password ***** the information that I provided? Your login issues probably originated because you are outside of your normal geographical area. That probably caused AOL to suspect that perhaps your account had been hacked.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service so I will receive credit for my time. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this isn't working--it isn't accepting my other accounts. I will call them when I return to the US
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Ok. Thank you for the update. I'm sorry that you had this trouble during your trip. I hope that other than that, your visit with yoru son is wonderful! Have a nice day!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks for trying==i think that aol is having problems with my being in the philippines--i can fix this myself when i get home...david
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

You're welcome.