Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I was on FB and all of a sudden my laptop and it just shut

Customer Question

I was on FB and all of a sudden my laptop and it just shut down, now I try to puy iy on and I get a blinking red light. Can't open it. Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

It sounds like a software fault. It may recognize itself as being in Standby or Hibernate mode; this would explain why it is not turning it on. Please, unplug the power charger, remove the battery, wait at least 10 seconds, plug the battery back in, plug the charger back in, wait 2 minutes, and then turn it on. Does it turn on this time?

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.