GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I do not remember my Firevox password to sign in!

Customer Question

I do not remember my Firevox password ***** sign in! ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this .

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

TO reset your Firefox password, please do the following:

1. In the Firefox location bar, enter the following location:

1. Press Enter.
  2. The "Reset Master Password" page will appear. Click the Reset button, to reset your master password.

Remember: Resetting your master password ***** remove all of your saved usernames and passwords.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have sent an offer for Premium Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not want to lose my other passwords. Not going to reset
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

I understand. If it is your sync password, rather than the Master password, you can reset it by taking the following steps :

I’ve forgotten my Firefox Account password — how do I reset it?

To get a new password ***** these steps.

Warning: Any data you have on the server will be erased when you reset your password. Your other devices will stop synchronizing unless you update them with the new password.

1. Click the menu button and choose Options.

2. On the Sync tab, click Sign in to open the Sign in page.
  3. On the Sign in page, click Forgot password? Firefox will send you a reset email.
  4. Follow the instructions in your reset email to change your password.

Now you're ready to go. Remember to update your password ***** each of your synchronized devices by following the steps below:

2. On the Sync panel, click on Sign in to open the Firefox Sync page.
  3. Enter your new password ***** click Sign in.

If it is the Master Password, unfortunately, you can't recover from a lost master password. If you have forgotten it then your stored passwords are lost. You can keep a copy of the current key3db and signons.sqlite files in case you remember the MP or want to try later. Also make sure that you haven't switched on caps lock by accident.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

I realize that if it is your Master Password ***** Firefox that has been lost, this is probably not the answer that you were hoping for, but it an honest and accurate answer. Hopefully, it is the sync password ***** and you can recover it.

If this information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!