ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.
56108293

How do I change my background picture on my Acer laptop?

Customer Question

JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Nothing is going on, I just want to change it; I just don't know how.
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

Can you tell me what version of Windows you're running? Is it Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 etc?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's Chome OS by Acer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 8 months ago.

Oh, I see. Depending on the exact version of the ChromeOS that you're running, one of these methods should work for you:

1. Right-click anywhere on an empty area of the desktop screen and in the pop-up menu, click Change Desktop Background. This should bring up a new window that will allow you to change the background image.

If that doesn't work, try this:

2. Click on your account icon in the lower right corner, select Settings, and then in the Settings menu, under Appearance, select Set Wallpaper. This should bring up a screen with several built-in wallpaper images and you should also be able to click on Custom and add a new image of your own.

If somehow neither of these methods works for you, then just let me know and I'll continue to work with you. But if this did answer your question, please use the rating box at the top to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.