Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Insignia Speakers will not work, after the Install of

Customer Question

My Insignia Speakers will not work, after the Install of Windows 10
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stan, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

I see under "already tried" you say "reinstalling from hard drive." Can you tell me what exactly it was that you reinstalled?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried reinstalling from the Hard Drive
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that you performed a factory reset on the system, where you completely reinstalled Windows and reverted back to your original operating system? Are you still running Windows 10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still running Windows 10
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Okay, gotcha. Well that makes some sense if you upgraded to Windows 10. A number of people have had issues with hardware not working after doing the upgrade.

Let's try one thing: I want you to hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (two keys to the left of the spacebar) and then press your R key. This should bring up the Run box in the lower left corner. In the box, type CONTROL and press OK.

This should bring up your Control Panel. In that window, you'll probably see a category called Hardware and Sound. Click on that and the click on Sound.

Inside the Sound window, you should see your speakers listed. Tell me if you see them listed. And if you do, tell me if they're grayed out or if the icon is in full color with a green checkmark on top of it.