Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Someone posted a review on my business page that has nothing

Customer Question

Someone posted a review on my business page that has nothing to do with my work.
It is a character attack involving a legal assumption that has not been proved and
all my other reviews are excellent, I have been with you for 2 years and I would like to speak with someone about this as it seems in-apropriate and out of line with the quality and community google business pages reflect on the internet.
I may be wrong but is there someone that can call me and discuss please
*** *** *** ****
*** *** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

it is actually harder than you would think to remove a bad review. Google tends to want to leave them there because every business would want to remove any negative reviews justified or not and if they remove the easily than the whole review process is meaningless.

However if it is a case of slander which would be illegal than they do have a legal review process where you could make that claim and they will remove the post if they feel it is illegal.

https://support.google.com/legal/answer/3110420?rd=1

otherwise what is recommended is to respond to the reviewer politely and point out where he is wrong and mostly to actively ask customers to write good reviews that will drown out the bad one.

or there are professional services run by lawyers that can work with google and the court system to get it removed.

https://www.reputation.com/blog/online-reviews/can-you-remove-negative-reviews-google