Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My K53U model laptop will not turn on. The battery is

Customer Question

Hi, My K53U model laptop will not turn on. The battery is charging but when I press the on button it starts out as normal to load up, then the screen goes blank and no more happens although the lights are all green
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: Not really I just don't have anything on screen when I should have
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $31 after the Computer Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Does this happen while the power supply is plugged in as well or just when you are on battery?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When it is plugged in. I have not tried it on battery
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Try just on battery and see what happens please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just the same on battery
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Okay, try this for me. Take a flashlight and put it right on the screen and move it around. While you are doing that, look closely to see if you can see any of your desktop icons, or you can even try moving your mouse while holding the light on the screen.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

How's it going?

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know when you would like to continue.