IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have an IPhone 5c ad past week my phone has not progressed

Customer Question

I have an IPhone 5c ad for the past week my phone has not progressed in date or time. I have taken it to the TELSTRA store Temora NSW and the sales rep from the Telstra Business store in Wagga has spoken with he tech advisor there so you wold imagine everything that could be checked has been, their suggestion now is to take my phone give me a replacement which I am reluctant to do due to my distance from Wagga (155ks) should I not have access to my contacts. Do you have any suggestions. Thank you Jill
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing. This is a software issue with iOS. To solve the problem, you don't need to have the phone replaced since you can solve it by yourself - what you need to do is either reset the phone to factory defaults or re-install iOS using iTunes. Unfortunately, both of those methods will erase everything on iPhone (photos, music, contacts, etc), so you will need to create a backup first. You can do that in iTunes as well.

To reset an iPhone to factory defaults, follow these instructions:

1. Tap on Settings and then tap on General
2. Scroll to the bottom and tap on Reset
3. Tap on Erase All Content and Settings
4. Enter the passcode if it has been set or just confirm the reset by tapping on Erase iPhone

5. Wait for a few minutes while the phone is being reset. Once done, you will need to set it up again. If you created a backup with iTunes, you can connect the iPhone to a computer and restore the backup. The date and time should now work properly.

In case you require further assistance, let me know.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.