Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I just got onto Our Time and want to change my user name

Customer Question

I just got onto Our Time and want to change my user name since I put my real name and that could be a problem considering I'm a news reporter
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I want to change my Our Time user name from BWillon to Lilacs215
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Outime does not allow to change the username once created you can change or update email or phone number for security purpose however you cannot change the user name.

The only workaround is you can cancel the account the account which has your real name as a username and once you get a notification on your email that the account has been deactivated after that you can create a new user id and you may have to wait for a day or two to use the same email address or else it will not allow you to use it on the same day if you want to create a new user id.

Alternate is you can create a new email on outlook.com, Gmail or any one you prefer and then you can create a new user id on ourtime.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.